Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome

Don't let my Irish name fool you. I have lived in Italy half of my life, I was raised by an Italian mother and most of my friends are Italian. I had the good fortune of coming to the United States at a time when the Italian Restaurant was riddled by over-cooked pasta, sweet sauces and a type of bruschetta called Garlic Bread. My point is this; things have gotten better, but there is still a great ignorance in Italian cooking. My bible will be "Il Talismano Della Felicita" by Ada Boni, a book only in part published in english. I will attempt to correct its shortfalls by including other Italian chef's idea's, commentary and generally clear up misconceptions about Italian food in general. I will also translate many of the recipes, that for the first time will be known to english speakers. With it I will comment on the nature of the food, its variations and the general accepted recipes in modern Italy.

Buona Sera,

Miles

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the history along with the recipes. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete